The surgery is open Monday to Friday from 8:00am - 6:30pm, and Saturday mornings for pre-bookable appointments only between 8:00 and 11:30am. For patients who would prefer an evening or weekend appointment we can offer 6:30pm to 8:00pm Monday to Friday and 9:00am to 1pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Please contact a member of the reception team on 01753 524549 who will be happy to help you with your enquiry.
If you require a doctor in a genuine emergency outside the normal surgery opening hours please contact the NHS 111 out-of-hours service (simply dial 111). This service operates on weekdays between 6.30pm and 8.00am, at weekends and on bank holidays.
Disabled Patient / Wheel Chair Access
Our premises provide access for wheelchair-bound and other disabled patients. If you are unable to make the stairs please inform the receptionist when booking an appointment / on arrival so we can provide a consulting room downstairs.
COVID-19 UPDATE IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS
The Avenue Medical Centre is now in a phase of LOCK DOWN due to the COVID-19 pandemic to protect vulnerable patients and healthcare staff. The majority of consultations will take place over the phone.
You will NOT be allowed access into the building unless you have a pre-booked face to face appointment that has been agreed with a Clinician over the phone.
- If you have a pre-booked appointment please wait outside, you will be called when we are ready to see you.
- Please use The Avenue Medical Centre website to request ALL repeat prescriptions, if you do not have access to these facilities then you can post your repeat into our post box.
- All prescriptions will be sent directly to the pharmacy (please add your nominated pharmacy to your repeat if we don’t already know this.
- You will not be allowed to collect prescriptions from the surgery, they will be sent to your nominated pharmacy.
- If you would like to book an appointment to speak to the doctor please call the surgery, you will not be able to make an appointment at the reception desk.
All letters, correspondence and sick notes will be available for collection between 08:00am and 10:00am and 4pm and 6pm Monday to Friday from The Avenue Medical Centre. You will not be allowed to collect paperwork at any other time.
Anyone presenting with flu-like symptoms, coughs, colds, fever, any breathing difficulties
DO NOT COME IN TO THE SURGERY
PLEASE CALL RECEPTION ON 01753 524549 AND WE WILL GIVE YOU A TELEPHONE TRIAGE APPOINTMENT WITH A CLINICIAN.
Temporary suspension of minor injury and illness services at Slough Walk in Centre
The minor illness and injury unit at Slough Walk in Centre is to be temporarily suspended as part of the national effort to combat Covid-19 (coronavirus).
Click here for more information (.pdf, 333KB)